On Monday night at New York, the attention went to the Met Gala 2018. The Met’s Costume Institute has used the 58,600 square feet of Met real estate, making it the largest exhibition the Costume Institute has ever produced, with room for everything from mozzettas by Matisse to gowns by Gaultier. The artistic director for Condé Nast and chairwoman of the gala, Anna Wintour and chief curator of the Costume Institute gave their remarks in the press preview before the event, attended by Cardinal Archbishop Timothy Dolan, Donatella Versace, Thom Browne, and Jean Paul Gaultier.
Today, Instagram is full of red carpet photos from the Heavenly Bodies: Fashion & The Catholic Imagination exhibition at The Metropolitan Museum of Art. Here is our best-dressed list for this year!
1. Rihanna in Jean Paul Gaultier
2. Diane Kruger in Prabal Gurung
3. Sarah Jessica Parker in Dolce & Gabbana
4. Jennifer Lopez in Balmain
5. Madonna in Jean Paul Gaultier, headpiece and rosary by Rinaldy Yunardi
6. Zendaya in Versace
7. Kim Kardashian in Versace
8. Blake Lively in Versace
9. Alicia Vikander in Louis Vuitton
10. Anne Hathaway in Valentino